Yeah, training's been a bit patchy....


Sunday, December 18, 2011

Little things

I took a gentle spin through the city this evening to get the lead out of my legs. Then I went fishing, to get the lead out of my head.

I've been thinking today about little things. Little things that made my day.

Like the owner of the local cafe loading me up with Christmas cakes and goodies as thanks for being a good customer (Thanks Matt - Sherbet is the best!).
Like having a sparkly clean kitchen to start the new week (It's been steadily downhill till a burst of domestic energy struck this afternoon).
Like getting a kiss from the kid last weekend (an out-of-the-blue thanks-for-being-my-dad little kiss that has stuck with me all week).
Like having a runner call out "five fingers!" on the road (positive contact on the road makes one feel a little better about the ridiculous running style dictated by aforementioned Fingers).
Like being tapped on the finger by a little pendant hanging from my handlebars during a ride as a reminder of special people (a keepsake from IW).

Like a sunset like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment