Yeah, training's been a bit patchy....


Monday, March 28, 2011

Feet

I had an hour tonight to marvel at feet. I started gently and ran the 12km Causeway loop barefoot for the first time. 6 months ago, I couldn't walk across a carpark barefoot, and I've not gotten "tough" feet at all. It's all technique, and tonight helps to validate that some of it is sinking in.

Soft landings, high cadence, taking the impact through the midfoot and the bent knee - it really is close to effortless (mostly, I just got hungry!). One of the most fascinating and beguiling things about barefoot running is the complete counter-intuitiveness of it. Most assumptions I (an ordinary person) would make about it are dead wrong, and happily, I'm proving them to myself.

Lunch.   
No blistering, though my soles have that weird tingly feeling that will likely last till tomorrow, and all heaviness has gone from my legs after yesterday.

Now could I do four of these in a row?

1 comment: