Yeah, training's been a bit patchy....


Saturday, April 16, 2011

baby brick

In triathlon world, a "brick" is a combined ride and run - to practice the transition and shift in muscle groups. As I prepared for a run this afternoon, my neighbour called to go for a ride - what was I to do?

We rolled through 30km on the river paths (perfect conditions - cool and still), then I whipped off the shoes and wandered around the 12km Causeway loop. During the run, I talked to IW on skype (gotta love technology) as she drove to the start of a 400km ride (yes, 400!), so I wasn't concentrating so much on form. I ended up rubbing my feet a bit, with a minor blister on the outer edge of the ball of each foot and finished the run in Fingens.

Spending the weekend in the office - got lots of catching up to do, and sitting in front of the 'puter gets me fired up for some major runs - hopefully the feet are feeling up to a Bibbulmun jaunt tomorrow.....

Doesn't everyone's office look like this?

1 comment:

  1. You're always posting photos of food or bleeding body parts. Isn't it time you changed your ways, Lechter!?

    ReplyDelete