Yeah, training's been a bit patchy....


Tuesday, December 6, 2011

OK. Gotta get back to it.

The time in Berlin with IW was fabulous - great rare time together in her natural habitat. Experiencing the Marathon was a hoot. 3:33 was no feat of speed, but it passed without discomfort and signalled a return to the distance. Man, it was amazing.



Too much has gone on since to catch up on in one post - no doubt the various twists and turns will become apparent as I meander on from here. IW has now returned to the US to get back to work, and my life has taken a distinct turn to look forward to joining her as the business, work and life falls into place. Berlin feels like years ago.

Wow.

I've become pretty lazy with so much going on (and I let myself get caught up in IW's off-season!), but I have an uncomplicated period of work ahead - ie just knuckling down - in which I can rebuild my barefoot feet and return to the process of running for fun.
Most recent running has been in shoes and Fingens - I haven't gotten out barefoot much since before the marathon, and I have regressed rapidly to soft, wussy little feet.

Out of the blue.
 Perth is now serving up loads of this - huge blue skies with a truly searing sun. Running during the day is pretty much out of the question now, if only for the sunburn, so early morning habits will have to kick in with the kid in tow.

More to come. This is just waking up.

1 comment: