Yeah, training's been a bit patchy....


Tuesday, February 8, 2011

the pitter patter of tiny feet

Finally, I took my pink size 9's out for a little run. 10 minutes total barefoot and it felt like going home. It was a shame it had to end, because it was starting to feel real good.

Achilles felt fine - the bit that did hurt (and this's new) was the front of my ankles - in an area along an imaginary line from ankle bone inside to anklebone outside, across the front side - just where the skin crinkles a little when you pull your toes up. Wierd. More research needed....... Dr Google?

Home for a big bucket of iced water for the feet - 3 x 15 minutes in ice followed by a round of pushups and crunches each time. Noice. (That's Aussie for Nice)



All this at the end of a day when I got to meet and get excited with two new potential clients and only later realise I had my t-shirt on inside out. Noice again.

Just that little run has brought some bounce back. Amazing how much you miss it and also how amazingly fast you can fall of the top of a peak into a hole when something goes wrong.....

So this is the restart - each day a very short barefoot run to toughen the feet and ease my achilles back to strength. If I stretch and keep up the pushups / situps, then 10 weeks sees me back at an hour on the road and probably alot stronger upstairs, too. (Anyone who knows me would probably note that this can only be a good thing).

Found yet another good blog today (I do work) while searching for good workout music : inthegym.net
It'll take a while to did through the music, but the site includes an incredible list of running blogs. Awesome! Tanya Taylor, who runs the site has put in a lot of work to collate all this stuff - those of us who come after can't help but be thankful for the efforts of the pioneers!

Another night trawling the blogs.......

No comments:

Post a Comment