Yeah, training's been a bit patchy....


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

return of the cankles

Was I right about last night being too long?

Yup.

Achilles are dull again and there is a small amount of inflammation. Nothing but a good sleep tonight.
It was the first day back at school today, so the kid was in a state of hyperactive exhaustion, and that rubbed off quite a bit - we both got a bit droopy on the sofa after dinner.

Here's a pic of my toesies - I colored in where my blisters are from last night - they have hardened and almost disappeared already, but the position is useful for diagnosing my technique - this tells me that I am "toeing off" and the rotation on the ball of the foot that has worn the VFF's continues, even though I'm not aware of it in bare feet.



The not-unpleasant tingly feeling in my feet lasted till about lunchtime today, when being dressed up and polite began to take over and I forgot about more fundamental sensations.

The results of last night have cemented one thing - the program is off, in favour of a slow rebuilding of technique. The marathon this year will be a test of distance and technique. Time can come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment