Yeah, training's been a bit patchy....


Thursday, January 20, 2011

breathe......

Take a break.
I am becoming concerned about my achilles (both of them), as the lingering tightness and non-painful swelling has persisted now for some time, and I have a hunch it shouldn't.
I may be harboring some general inflammation, without propagating a tear or real damage that would immediately signal pain, but I have a gut feel that persisting a this level will bring on the ouchy stuff.
As an experiment, today is off, and the next week or so, I'll run (lightly) in shoes and stretch the achilles whenever I think of it - just to see if my ankles loosen or start to look skinny again. funny thing is that my ankles and calves feel the strongest they ever have.

I guess this is the critical moment where "too much too soon" is discovered in time, or by implosion.

How wonderful it is to have the kid around. Tonight we were early enough through dinner to take an hour fishing down on the Jetty. A bit cool, and few too many mosquitoes, but clear and peaceful. The kid only cast her line once, then she snuggled into me and later said "I don't care what we're doing, I just like to be together". The dad was smitten all over again, like every other day.....
We caught one little fish, then came home, and that little fish provided us with a happy bedtime story of curiosity and escape, as that one little fish now knows both what humans look like up close, and why free prawns are dangerous.

1 comment:

  1. hope your running goes better next week toonie. (lucky fish to be with two such beautiful people.)

    ReplyDelete