Yeah, training's been a bit patchy....


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

no man's land

Ran the 14km loop with the WAMC. Felt OK, but hard on the ankles today. 1:04 brought it closer to the 1 hour mark I want, but at what cost?
My left achilles (the one most resembling "cankles") is sore. Also, in the last 1km, a significant pain started up in the center of the ball of my right foot, forcing a short stop. With a little stretch and a rub, though, it eased off and I was able to finish strongly. Ironically, this is where the left achilles started to hurt, as the pace increased, form deteriorated and the pounding began.
Unfortunately, the theme of this run was getting stuck in and trying to escape from the no man's land between other runner - either overtaking or stopping for water etc. Makes a run much harder and far less social, but having to chew up that 30 metres to catch up after a water stop must be character building, or something.....

A little look at inspiration..... I have modelled  the look of my blog (and I would only hope to reach the heights of writing skill) on Emma's wonderful blog at furrybees.
See it here: http://www.furrybees.blogspot.com/

So there's very little original in this world.... find something good and rip it off. I don't know that my peanut butter balls can compare with this weeks Mushroom Sesame Tofu Stew. Em, you're a legend!

Tonight the kid is back - how I've missed her incessant chatter and impy little grin.

Very tired after tonight's run.... and I've run out of cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment