Yeah, training's been a bit patchy....


Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Widget added

Oh, it seemed fun. It's recording in miles, but if anyone in the US ever reads this, they'll get it.
Rest day today (switching Tursday / Friday), since yesterday's run was likely harder than intended. Short-ish run in the morning if I can ever get to sleep.

Made the apricot/cashew/maple syrup/peanut paste bars tonight (recipe from (never home) makers). They taste great, but I fear they are too crumbly to survive in a belt for a long run. I need an ingredient that will stay firm in heat and bind the thing together. Anyone?
Mine are a distinctly different color to those in the recipe - seems dried apricots in the US are a deep brown color, rather than the bright orange Turkish ones we get here.


Note surrounding debris. This little guy became immediately disoriented and lonely on extraction from the container for the photo, so I ate him, too.
Will have to experiment with some of the simple logistics of these bars, such as: can I get the whole chunk in my gob and still breathe while getting it down. Timing this exercise to coincide with water (I don't want to carry that, too), will also take some practice.

I reckon one of these every 30 minutes for every 30 minutes over 1 hour, (plus the one at the 1 hour mark).

Maybe it's just the end of a hot humid week, but it feels like it's been dramatically ill-disciplined and unproductive, hence the old creeping panic of things not done and money not earned has surfaced again.
At least all known family and friends have escaped the Brisbane floods unscathed. I don't envy then the cleanup job.

No comments:

Post a Comment