Yeah, training's been a bit patchy....


Sunday, January 23, 2011

skinny ankles!

4 days rest and my achilles are returning to normal. Right is perfect, left is still a bit puffy, but I can see the shape of the tendon again! Yay!
Now to find out what's really going on...
Will do several things:
  • talk to physio
  • wait till left is completely normal
  • go for a very gentle run concentrating in perfect float form and watch results
Had a fabulous zoom on the bike tonight. My freewheel is toast, so I flipped the hub, took my life in my hands, and rode it as fixed wheel. It only tried to kill me once on the way home, when I lost concentration, but what a buzz! Quiet night, cool breeze, smooth paths - belting along completely silently but for the whoosh of the tires. After tonight, I could be convinced to keep it fixed - perhaps having to spend money to replace the freewheel might make that decision easier.

Good to get some burning in the legs without any impact on the ankles - some of the worry is disappearing with the inflammation, but now it is critical to find out the root cause - too much too soon, a structural issue or technique problems.

Big week coming up this week at work - I actually get to be a designer again for a change... yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment