Yeah, training's been a bit patchy....


Sunday, January 2, 2011

Very thin, indeed.

So the challenges to discipline begin immediately.

Last night was hot and uncharacteristically muggy for Perth. After a not-too-bad bedtime at 11pm, sleep just wasn't happening. So I walked down to the jetty to sit, relax and test my new theory for catching bream.
I had 2 prawns, so it wasn't going to be a long stay. As it happenend, the river was a millpond and a nice conversation with a couple of locals, followed by a 30cm fish (cleaned and prepped on the spot), took me up to 2am.
Sleep still didn't happen........

Today's run is to be a 35-40 minute jaunt with some speed surges along the way. I don't want to face the heat again, so the run will be put in after a fishing date this evening with my neighbour.
I'm trialling a borrowed airconditioner in the office. For a while, it's good, but it's the evaporative type, so I either need a door open (defeats the purpose) or the output gets gradually less and less cool and I get sweatier and sweatier. Noice. Luckily today is taken up with small machining and a trial molding run - mostly brainless.

No comments:

Post a Comment