Yeah, training's been a bit patchy....


Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Plod Plod Plod

Another hot, humid day in Perth. I thought I'd left this weather behind in Brisbane.....
I've been leaving little puddles wherever I sit today and one giant puddle after tonight's run.

Today's run:
No morning run today - I'll wait a few weeks till I start getting out twice a day. Given tonight's performance, I both need it, and dread it...
60 minute run, first 25minutes easy, then 35 minutes at 80%. This worked out perfectly for the Windan Bridge / Causeway loop with a total time for the 12.5km of 58:33.
See the area here with Google Maps:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=maylands+wa&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=69.458301,135.263672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Maylands+Western+Australia&ll=-31.95005,115.892715&spn=0.067075,0.132093&z=14
With a very slow start due to slightly achy achilles, this gives an average of  more than 4.5mins/km, which needs some improvement. Remember a 3 hour marathon averages about 4.25mins/km! Eeek!
Lucky there's 35 weeks..... um 34 and a half.....

Looking back, I did this same run about 4 weeks ago in 57minutes, and my notes say it was slow and comfortable! Hmmm.
 Anyways, it is done, logged and nothing hurts - that's training.

I promised the program - here 'tis, with credit to Tony Benson:
Monday: am Rest or easy 30min, pm 30-45min with 10x80m
Tuesday: am Rest or easy 30min, pm 45-60min with 35min @ 80%
Wednesday: am Rest, pm Rest or 30-60mins easy
Thursday: am Rest or easy run, pm 60mins with 35 mins @80%
Friday: Rest. WooHoo!
Saturday: am Race or Hilly Cross Country, pm Rest
Sunday: Long run up to 2 hours.

So, I need to work into adding the morning runs, and start finding some races with the WAMC (website here: www.wamc.org.au).


Today was a bit of fun in the office - getting to make new stuff is getting rarer these days, so a day of modelling, programming and cutting tiny dieset parts is a welcome change from documentation. Here's a pic of today's bitties - tomorrow these and others go into the molding machine to make some plastic housings for a vewy vewy secret thing.




Making little things is what I should be doing - recently, the machines have been cutting molds for custom jellies - Christmas was a reindeer, seen here:

Word is I should be selling these, along with all the other odds and ends that seem to come crawling out of my office. A shopping cart coming soon perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment